Do you have someone on your gift list who’s really difficult to find the right gift for and who really appreciates meaningful gifts? Consider giving a gift that shapes the future and honors the legacy of a transformative teacher, Dr. Joan Iversen. Even gifts of $25 can make a difference — read this blog post to see why.
A link to a gift letter is provided, below, that you can download; it could be wrapped up in a box, placed in a stocking, or sent by email. And if you would like, we’ll even acknowledge your gift recipient online.
Just give to the scholarship in one of the two ways:
- Checks can be made out to the “College at Oneonta Foundation” memo: “Dr. Joan Iversen Memorial Scholarship”-mail to: Office of College Advancement, 308 Netzer Admin Bldg, Oneonta, NY 13820. If you desire, you may add a note that you are donating as a gift in someone else’s name, and add the recipient’s name and address (this is optional).
- To give to the scholarship online, donate to the College at Oneonta Foundation and choose “Other” under Designation for Funds and specify “Dr. Joan Iversen Memorial Scholarship” in the text box after “Other.” If you desire, you may also add a note that you are donating as a gift in someone else’s name, and add the recipient’s name and address (this is optional).
Letter Describing the gift
A letter that you can give to the recipient that describes the gift can be downloaded below. Two versions are provided, click on the link for the one that you want:
- an Adobe pdf version of the Scholarship Gift Letter (which requires Adobe Acrobat reader, a free program, to use). This is provided for people who don’t want to bother editing anything and who are afraid they will mess up the formatting of the document. Click on the red link above. It may take about 20 seconds or so to load, but your browser should open up the document. Then place your cursor on the document, RIGHT-click, and choose “Save As” to save to your computer. This usually will be saved in your “Downloads” folder.
- a Word document version of the Scholarship Gift Letter. The Word file will allow you edit the document– feel free to edit as you desire. Once you click on this link, the file should automatically download to your computer. This usually will be saved in your “Downloads” folder.
Have the Gift Recipient Acknowledged Online
If desired, send an email to Nancy Smyth at smythnj at gmail dot com indicating that you would to have the name of your gift recipient listed in the donors section of the drjoaniversen.com website and describe how you want it listed (and if you want your name listed, too…see the two options below).
1) Gift Made in the Name of John Doe
2) Gift Made in the Name of John Doe by Your Name
Thanks for considering this creative approach to gift giving that also helps to make the world a better place.